The demand for outdoor tiling is an increasing trend over other paving alternatives due the attractive designs, technical characteristics and seamless look from the indoor to the outdoors. Furthermore, installation flexibility means that you can choose to fix tiles outdoors quickly and cheaper when compared to the total cost of its counterpart alternatives.
The N&C Alfresco Porcelain Paving collection features a series of on-trend 10mm indoor and matching 20mm outdoor porcelain tiles that can be installed in the traditional methods or using the Nicobond Terra Level Pedestal System, allowing you to create a seamless outdoor tiled space in a matter of days instead of weeks.
How it works
The Nicobond Terra Level Pedestal System offers an innovative solution for a stable, high-quality and long term fixing of raised floors using 20mm porcelain tiles. This is the ideal system for patios, balconies and other exterior living spaces in both domestic and commercial projects. The system allows you to create an elevated tiled area in no time with a fuss free, fast and easy installation process, where there is no need for mortars or adhesives, saving you a lot of time on the job as no drying or curing time is required.
There are 6 items within the system, some in which allow you to raise the floor from 1cm – 103cm above existing floor level. This system is perfect for those who don’t want to let the weather stop them from earning a day’s wage, as it allows for outdoor tiling to be completed in all kinds of weather conditions.
Benefits and features of the system include:
· Versatile as contractor can construct the pedestal onsite to the correct height
· Clean to use as no adhesive required
· No need to breach the substrate before installation
· Tidy finish, as pipework can be hidden underneath the system
· Superior stability of the system
· Cost effective
· No fixings required to secure the system
· Run utilities and drainage pipes under the raised floor
· Flow of air under raised floor helps avoid stagnant water collection under the floor
· No need to grout, so allows water to be drained without falls built in
· Exterior areas can be levelled to internal floors without breaching building regulations due to drainage
· If the substrate “flexes” or “expands/ contracts”, the system “moves” with it, so no cracking tiles or grout joints
· Use the system to the existing flow or a slope can be corrected
· Slopes of up to 10° can be compensated for using 1mm shims
· Floors can be corrected at any time if the substrate moves using 1mm shims
· Tiles can be removed at any time with a slab lifter
· Manufactured from high quality, high strength plastic composite
Jamie Sands from J Sands Services says…
‘I was able to approach, enquire and order my goods from N&C with delivery of 25m² of 2cm porcelain paving and the required Nicobond Terra Level Pedestal System the following day. I was finished the job within 48 hours from enquiry. I'm very impressed with the system and it means that my clients can now have access to attractive external porcelain paving quickly to make use of the outdoors. The system also opens up a great opportunity for us tilers.'
For more information on the system please contact us today, or view our installation video online to see just how easy it is to install.