We are committed to high standards of corporate governance, which are critical to our business integrity, and to maintaining our shareholders' trust in us. We expect all our directors, employees and suppliers to act with honesty, integrity and fairness.
Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct sets out what is expected of every single person working for and with Nicholls & Clarke. It contains our Business Principles which are the foundation for how we do business everywhere we operate.
Code of Ethics
Nicholls & Clarke recognises its obligation to set and uphold the highest standards of professionalism, and to promote ethical behaviour, attitudes and judgements by all employees, partners and suppliers.
• being mindful of the need for protecting the public;
• expressing clear ethical principles, values and standards
• promoting and supporting ethical decision making
Board organisation and structure
The Board is responsible for the overall conduct of the Group’s business and has the powers, authorities and duties vested in it by, and pursuant to, the relevant laws of England and Wales and the Articles of Association of the Company. The Board:
• has final responsibility for the management, direction and performance of our businesses;
• is required to exercise objective judgement on all corporate matters independent from executive management;
• is accountable to shareholders for the proper conduct of the business; and
• is responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of and reporting on our system of corporate governance.
Internal control and risk management
The Board has overall responsibility for the system of internal control and risk management. A sound system of internal control exists and is monitored accordingly.